Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Protandim: Week Two

     I am continuing to see slight improvements after starting Protandim. Thursday and Friday were a little rougher, but everyone has rough days. I think it may have been from coming down off the increased anxiety of taking two tests two days in a row. Then, of course, all the studying. After the weekend, I've been good and recharged. Not only do I have more energy and clarity of mind at work with the kids, my personality is coming out with them too. I like to be silly and random and joke around with my friends. I find myself being silly and kidding around and making them laugh on top of playing with them. Example: Today we were outside playing hide-and-seek. I was hiding and had a jacket in my hand. When the kids found me, I put the jacket over my head and said, "Shhh! I'm hiding! You can't see me." I kept doing it, and they took the jacket away from me haha. But it made them squeal with laughter. 
     Also, my anger episodes are still going down. It's amazing! I realized yesterday that I haven't thrown anything out of anger lately. That benefits not only me but also my walls haha. Granted, I did hit the wall last night, but I'm not that strong. So, not really damaging. Overall, getting better. And like I said, that's better than any prescription medication I've ever been on; and I've only been on this for two weeks. Awesome!
     However, like I said in my last post about Protandim, I have to be careful. I have a feeling I'm in a slight upward trend. I don't think all of it has to do with the Protandim. I'm noticing certain signs that I might be getting slightly above normal. Examples: Even with my nightly medications that usually put me to sleep, I find it hard to go to sleep. I'm getting less sleep, but haven't noticed the difference during the day. I have a desire to spend money on things I want; money that I'm not sure should be spent. Of course, I've mentioned I have increased energy. That might be from the Protandim, or it may not be. Don't know. 
     In any case, it could be a Bipolar II hypomanic episode. Not that troubling, to me anyway. Hypomania isn't nearly as bad as mania seen in Bipolar I. While mania can cause impairments in functioning, hypomania doesn't. People are usually able to function normally and just have this elevated mood; somewhere between normal happiness/excitement and full mania. Point is for me, we'll just wait and see.

"I live in the same world you do; I just experience it differently. I am a human being with feelings, just like you; I just express them in my own way." ~Me~

No comments:

Post a Comment