Wednesday, September 18, 2013

Protandim: Week One

     I've been taking Protandim for a week now. Obviously, it's not long enough to see any major differences, but I am seeing and feeling some little differences. I seem to have more energy. I find it easier to play with kids at work at the preschool. I've been playing ball and chase. I'm able to engage more with the children and not feel so distant; like I'm behind glass. A few days, I felt I could run a mile...even though I'm out of shape lol. I have to be careful, though. Increased energy can be a sign of hypomania (between normal and mania) in Bipolar Disorder II. In case you didn't know, that's my diagnosis. Bipolar Disorder I is what people think of when you say "bipolar". Bipolar Disorder II is less severe, and people recognize it less often.
     Anyway, back to Protandim. I been able to concentrate a little better. I've taken two tests the week I've been on Protandim. Before Protandim, even though I would take my tests alone, I would have to take breaks or lay my head down. This week, I finished my tests without taking breaks. I'm also able to actively pay attention and participate in class and discussions. I'm even able to sit through my entire 3 hour evening class that lasts until 9:00.
     I'm also seeing a slight drop in anger episodes. Some of the little things that would've normally set me off I've been able to ignore. No prescription medication has been able to do that yet...not even my mood stabilizer! I can't wait to see what happens in the next few weeks with Protandim.

"I live in the same world you do; I just experience it differently. I'm a human being with feelings, like you; I just express them in my own way." ~Me~

No comments:

Post a Comment