Friday, September 30, 2011

Crazy Week!

     Wow!  The title says it all; it has definitely been a crazy week.  On Tuesday, I was in a car accident.  It was a three car pile up.  They took me and another lady by ambulance to the hospital.  She hit her steering wheel and had chest pain.  I was having pain in my neck, head, and back.  They put us both on those straight boards, which did not make the pain any better.  We also got the neck braces and tape over our heads.  My airbag had come out during the crash too and hit me square in the face.  It was not fun at all!  It was also annoying because every person that came to evaluate me asked me the same questions.  I thought, "I'm pretty sure they already wrote them down; just look at my chart."  Anyway, they did x-rays of my neck and back to make sure nothing was broken or out of place.  They finally took me off the straight board and took the tape off my head after about 2 hours.  That hurt!  I thought they were about to wax my eyebrows haha.  I had to keep the neck brace on the entire time though.  On top of all that, one of my machines kept freaking out (probably b/c I was texting people LOL).  But it was beeping loudly, like I was having trouble.  A nurse came in the first time and reset it.  Well, it started freaking out again.  This time, though, it took like 10 minutes before someone came in there to reset it.  I thought, "What if I really was in trouble and no one was coming in here?"  I had even pushed my nurse button.  We finally got out of there around 11 pm (the wreck happened at about 5:30 pm).  I managed to escape with only strained back and neck muscles and a broken fingernail.  I count my blessings and thank God for that!
     On Thursday, I went in to see my new psychiatric team for the second time.  I told them how I have been feeling over the past few weeks since I've seen them last.  I told them of my severe mood swings and how I feel the medication I was put on a month ago has made those swings worse.  When I first saw them, they had suggested the possibility of a bipolar disorder.  However, they waited.  What they didn't know is they aren't the first doctors to suspect a bipolar disorder.  They finally considered treating me for bipolar disorder this time.  They think the disorder could be mild, but I could still have it.  They put me on Lamictal, which is used as a mood stabilizer but can also be used as a seizure medication.  I don't have the medication yet b/c the pharmacy has to order it, but I hope it works.  These last few weeks have been such a roller coaster.  More updates will be coming soon.


"I live in the same world you do; I just experience it differently.  I am a human being with feelings, just like you; I just express them in my own way."  ~Me~

No comments:

Post a Comment