Sunday, March 8, 2015

Taking Autism to See Brad Paisley

     So those of you who are friends with me on Facebook know that I went to see Brad Paisley last night! I posted several things about the concert, and it was all I could talk about in the weeks leading up to it. It was an amazing show! I'll just start from the beginning. 
     We got there early to make sure we wouldn't have to wait very long in the ticket line. It was a good decision. When we got there, there were already people lined up outside the arena. As we were standing in line, a man that takes pictures of events for the newspaper took our picture! He said he liked my blue hair haha. See, it does good to stand out sometimes. They finally let us in, and we went to find our seats. I decided I wanted a t-shirt so we went on an adventure to the merchandise stand. Finally got to the front and found out the one I wanted, they were out of my size. Typical. So Tommy bought some things, and we went to the main merchandise stand to see if they had any. No luck, but I did find another shirt I liked in my size. I ended up liking it better anyway, and it was cheaper. All around win lol. Parmalee was opening for Brad Paisley, and they had just started to play when we went to sit back down. They were great! 
     Then Brad Paisley came on! It was amazing! He had a huge screen behind him and four other screens onstage showing videos and cool images as he sang his songs. He's such a cool guy too. He was talking to us, joking around, making videos on fans phones. At one point, he stopped, took off one of his guitars, signed it, and held it out towards the crowd. After looking around for a minute, he gave it to this little girl that was standing in the pit by the stage. It was so sweet! At the end of his show, he took off his hat and gave it to a little boy that was also standing in the pit. It was an amazing show, and I loved it!
     Now, let me tell you about the concert from the autism perspective. There were a lot of people there. The place was packed. I was trying so hard not to brush up against people or touch people. It was hard to do. I felt very crowded. As we would walk through the crowds, I would hold on to Tommy like my life depended on it. God forbid we accidentally get separated, and I'm left to fend off all those people by myself. Half of them were drunk for one thing. And where there is a lot of people, there is a lot of noise. Just the people by themselves, before the concert started, were making so much noise. It was crazy! 
     When the concert started, that's when the real noise began. I don't know if other people notice this but when music is really loud, I can hear the speakers whine and crackle. Maybe other people just ignore it. I'm not sure. But I can't. I heard it throughout the whole concert. By the time we left, my ears had that feeling they have when you're up in an airplane. You know, when they need to pop because they're all stuffed up. Then there's the lights. Oh, the lights! I have a major problem with strobe lights. I think it may have to do with the fact that I get chronic migraines or something. I'm not quite sure. However, when I'm around strobe lights, I get very dizzy, disoriented, and very sick to my stomach. I've come close to throwing up a couple of times and passing out once. It's awful! And concerts love using strobe lights. Every time they go off, I have to close my eyes. It's pretty much an involuntary action now. Strobe lights go off = eyes closed! 
     The concert was great, and I had lots of fun. But I also remember why I don't go to a lot of them LOL. If I am at a concert, it's probably for someone I really like. Since concerts take so much energy and work out of me, you have to be pretty special in my book for me to get out of my comfort zone and attend. Brad Paisley: totally worth it!

"I live in the same world you do; I just experience it differently. I am a human being with feelings, like you; I just express them in my own way." ~Me~

No comments:

Post a Comment