Thursday, December 8, 2011

My 22nd Birthday!

Well, I'm technically 22 today as I'm writing this.  It kind of feels weird.  I keep telling people that when I was 21, I still felt like I could be young and do the whole college thing; partying and going out and doing whatever.  Now that I'm 22, I feel I have to grow up a lot.  Twenty-two just seems so much more adult.  I mean, in reality nothing is probably going to change much other than I'm most likely getting a job...finally!  Also, since I will have a job, I can then get an apartment and be on my own.  Again, more adult-like.  I hope I'm ready for this.  It's a little intimidating.  It's a conflict really.  On one hand, I want the responsibility and the independence.  On the other hand, I'm afraid I'll mess it up and not be able to handle it.  In a way, I want to stay carefree and under some kind of supervision.  Then I think about it, and I realize I don't.  Maybe that's a normal feeling.  
Overall, I'm excited for my birthday and turning 22.  It's always funny telling the people who have known me since I was little how old I am every birthday.  They can't believe I'm already 22 because they've known me for years.  It makes them feel old, and their reactions make me laugh.  I do, however, have to take a final on my birthday...boo.  Oh well.  I'm meeting up with some great friends tomorrow for some Bible study.  Then probably going to go bowling or something with a bunch of people for my birthday.  No telling because one of my friends is planning it, and he's really random about stuff haha.  Then might even go to an all night worship and prayer session.  It's gonna be an awesome day no matter what happens.  


"I live in the same world you do; I just experience it differently.  I am a human being with feelings, just like you; I just express them in my own way."  ~Me~

No comments:

Post a Comment